Stay with me…they are amazing.
I LOVE Sweet Potato and Kale is all the craze. I know
When they come out of the oven they have almost the same texture of a meatball. I know that sounds odd but it’s true. The baking part gives them a light outer crunch and they hold together so well. Just like a meatball, well healthy vegetable meatballs.
Topping these sweet potato and kale balls with hemp seeds is a MUST! They add that slight nutty flavor and added crunch but it’s not overpowering at all. It compliments all the flavors nicely.
Well, you will just have to see for yourself and make them and let me know what you think. It will take around 45 minutes in all.
2 sweet potatoes, peeled & cut into 1.5″ pieces
2 tbsp full fat coconut milk
1 cup kale, chopped
1/2 onion, diced
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp parsley
1 tsp oregano
salt/pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 200C. Line baking tray with grease proof paper.
- Steam or boil sweet potatoes until soft. Transfer to a large bowl and mash with fork.
- To the mashed potatoes add coconut milk, kale, onion and all the seasonings. Mix until well combined.
- Wet your hands and take a palm size full of potato mixture and roll into a ball. Repeat process until necessary. You can do a little smaller than palm size if you’d like.
- Place on grease proof paper and top with hemp seeds.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Why not share this recipe with your friends, make them for your vegetarian or vegan friends or make them as an accompaniment to a weekend meal?